Friday, August 10, 2012

Motivating yourself and others

I decided I needed to do something with my life. I have always had the feeling that I am still supposed to do something great. Like there was something out there that the universe has in store for me that I don't even know about yet. We have all heard of the people that drop everything and move to Hollywood with dreams of becoming the next George Clooney or Julia Roberts. They don't let anyone or anything discourage them from their dreams, no matter how big. Imagine if the Wright Brothers got discouraged and decided never to make the airplane just because it had never been done before. All they had was a dream, a plan and motivation and they didn't quit until they flew the first airplane. There are a million examples I could give you of things we wouldn't have if people gave up. Humans can do amazing things if they put their mind to it. The best part is the sense of accomplishment and joy that you achieved something huge. You did it yourself, although it helps when you surround yourself with positive people that lift you up and are truly happy for you! In college I took a lot of writing classes. I really like writing about anything and everything. I worked for my college newspaper and a reporter and an editor and I think it was my favorite job ever. In one of my writing classes, my first assignment was to write a persuasive paper. The first thing I considered was a paper about how toxic waste from nuclear power plants is so dangerous to the planet and how we shouldn't use it. I started doing some research (in the dinosaur age of computers) and there was so much information I couldn't get started. Suddenly, I had a lightbulb moment that just popped into my head and I sat down and instantly wrote a 5 page paper. You know that feeling where you say, that is the best idea ever! I submitted my paper (I'm not going to tell you what it was about but I will share it with you soon!) The next day my teacher came up to me and said that is was the best persuasive paper she had ever read and that I totally convinced her that what I wrote was 100% true. She asked me if she could share it with her network of teachers and mentors and even if she could publish it for me!? I ended up printing it in the newspaper also and it generated a HUGE response through letters and phone calls asking me if everything I wrote was really true. It was incredible. It is moments like this that you know you can do anything you decide to do. It is moments like these that you try to remember when you feel discouraged or defeated to help you lift yourself back up to the place you were then. You know you can be there because you have been there before. This brings me to my next point. I recently decided to learn a new business and the best part is that I get to write everyday! Oh yes, that and financial independence and helping other people do well so we can all rise to the top together! The other greatest parts is that it is a job I can do from home on my computer. We all know the internet is not going anywhere and this business is the future, heck, it is the present. I already know I am going to do so well with daily learning and daily blogging and the most important part, a strong mental attitude. I wanted to share a video with you to show you how amazing this is going to be. The best part is that anyone can do it so let me know if you want to travel to the stars with me!

No comments: